top of page
Ivan Garman starts Garman Builders with a few tools borrowed from his father. With headquarters located in Ivan and Charmaine's living room, in Ephrata, PA.
IVAN STRONGLY BELIEVED THAT IF YOU...
Do it right, the rest will take care of itself.
• 1974: Bought first development
• Population of Lancaster County: 319,693
• Average cost of a new home in 1972 :$27,000
• Garman Builder average: 7 homes / year
Together with his wife, Charmaine, Ivan built the company year by year, fueled by his passion for quality and design.
• 1987: Shawn Garman, Future President, starts working full time
• Average cost of a new home in 1985 :$82,800
• Garman Builder average: 15-19 homes / year
• 1984: Bought second development
• 1986: Bought third development
• 1985: Built larger office on the back of the Garman Home in Ephrata, PA
Garman Builders gets its first computer!
In the early nineties, Ivan retired from day-to-day operations, passing the business to his sons. They moved the office from the family home, to 471 Reading Road in Ephrata, PA.
• 1990s: Garman continues a tradition of Giving, by visiting multiple South American countries on Mission Trips, providing labor and housing.
• Average cost of a new home in 1990 :$69,100
• 1992: Jason, future President, starts full time at Garman Builders
• 1999: 7 communities owned, Average of 47 homes / year
In the 2010s while the housing market recovered, Garman Builders expanded. Renovations by Garman and later, GarCon were started, growing the Garman Team considerably. Garman Builders moved from its Ephrata location to Lititz, PA with a state-of-the-art Design Studio. Plus, a fresh new face to the company branding.
• 2019: 177 homes built / year
• 2011: Renovations by Garman established
• 2011: Third Generation Joins Company
• 2015: Added Restorations Division
• 2017: Moved to 529 E Main St in Lititz
• 2019: GarCon is formed
• 2019: Company Rebranding
• 2019: Addition of a 3k sqft Design Studio
With a new location, new re-brand, and state of the art design studio ready to rock and roll just in time for... the COVID-19 pandemic to begin.
• 2020: Mike Garman Starts own company
• 2020: FUN IS STILL HAD!
• 2020: COVID-19 worldwide Pandemic hits
• 2020: 42 Day Shutdown Begins 3/23/20
• 2020: 185 Homes Sold
• Renovations: $1000,000+ in budget/per project
• 100+ Employees
• 20+ New Homes Communities
• All within a 90 minute drive of Lititz
• New Homes Price Points between 250k -1 million!
• 118 Million Revenue across all divisions!
• Restorations: $60,000+ in budget/per project
Garman Gives: a 50+ year-old tradition
bottom of page